NAPENDA KUISHI REHABILITATION PROGRAM TRUST
Napenda Kuishi Trust is a large rehabilitation program for street and drug-addicted Youth based in Nairobi Kenya. Our headquarters are in Kariobangi North, within the Compound of Holy Trinity Catholic Church.
Napenda Kuishi Rehabilitation Program is a registered Not for Profit Organization, in Kenya defined as “Trust” under the sponsorship of the Comboni Missionaries, an International Catholic Religious Order.
Since its inception in 2006 the program has rehabilitated and facilitated the education and medical care of many hundreds of youth and children, vulnerable youth and adults from the slums and informal settings of Korogocho, Dandora, Huruma, Mathare and Kariobangi.
OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To ensure wholesome, sustainable and permanent rehabilitation of street and vulnerable teens and youth and rescued through the program’s rehabilitation initiatives.
- To eliminate occurrences of re-lapse by beneficiaries who have been rehabilitated and re-integrated.
- To give marginalized and vulnerable teens and youth in Kariobangi, Korogocho, Huruma, Mathare and Dondora, hope and dignity in life.
- Enhance livelihoods of teens and youth under its care by providing for their basic needs, including but not limited to food, clothing, shelter, education, medical care and parental love.
- Identify and analyze talents of teensand youth by engaging them in sports, music, drama and creative dance and art work, and seek to develop them appropriately through matching them with the appropriate training
- Secure the eventual re-integration of teens and youth under our care to their families or through increased community participation in the identification of and management of alternative livelihood opportunities.
OUR CENTERS AND LOCATIONS
- The Rehab Centers: Napenda Kuishi owns and operates three rehabilitation centers. Two of them: Kisumu Ndogo center in Korogocho and Boma Rescue Center – located on the border between Korogocho and Dandora- are day centers. The third center: Napenda Kuishi Residential Home is instead a rehabilitation residential facility located in the small town of Kibiko, just outside the city of N’gong in Kajiado County, few kilometers from Nairobi.
- The Half Way Home:In addition to these two centers Napenda Kuishi operates a Half Way Home for Teens. The home is a transitional Home for teens who are committed by the Court to Napenda Kuishi Trust and it is operated as a transitional Home towards independent living. The Home is located in Lucky Summer, not far from Kasarani stadium.
- The Vocational Training center:Napenda Kuishi also owns and operates the “Daniel Comboni Vocational Training Center” a Training center for former- now rehabilitated- street teens and youth. The school certified by NITA and TVET offer certified courses in Plumbing, Carpentry, Electrical and Masonry thus providing the youth with all the necessary skills to succeed in life. The school campus is located in Kibiko, Ngong next to the Rehabilitation Center Compound.
Napenda Kuishi Rehabilitation Program Trust (K) is a certified rehabilitation organization for youth with addiction; furthermore the residential facility is registered and certified by the Kenyan Government as a residential rehabilitation facility.