Napenda Kuishi Trust is a large rehabilitation program for street and drug-addicted Youth based in Nairobi Kenya.
Napenda Kuishi Rehabilitation Program is a registered Not for Profit Organization, in Kenya defined as “Trust” under the sponsorship of the Comboni Missionaries, an International Catholic Religious Order.
Since its inception in 2006 the program has rehabilitated and facilitated the education and medical care of more hundreds of youth and children, vulnerable youth and adults from the slums and informal settings of Korogocho, Dandora, Huruma, Mathare and Kariobangi.
OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
GOALS OF NAPENDA KUISHI REHABILITATION PROGRAM
- To ensure wholesome, sustainable and permanent rehabilitation of street and vulnerable youth and children rescued through the program’s rehabilitation initiatives.
- To eliminate occurrences of re-lapse by beneficiaries who have been rehabilitated and re-integrated.
- To give marginalized and vulnerable youth and children in Kariobangi, Korogocho, Huruma, Mathare and Dondora hope and dignity in life.
- Enhance livelihoods of youth under its care by providing for their basic needs, including but not limited to food, clothing, shelter, education, medical care and parental love .
- Identify and analyze talents of children by engaging them in sports, music, drama and creative dance and art work, and seek to develop them appropriately through matching them with the appropriate training
- Secure the eventual re-integration of children under its care through increased community participation in the identification of and management of alternative livelihood opportunities.
Napenda Kuishi owns and operates three rehabilitation centers. Two of them: Kisumu Ndogo enter in Korogocho and Boma Rescue Center – located on the border between Korogocho and Dandora- are day centers. The third center: Napenda Kuishi Residential Home is instead a rehabilitation residential facility located in the small town of Kibiko, just outside the city of N’gong in Kajiado County, few kilometers from Nairobi.
Napenda Kuishi Rehabilitation Program Trust (K) is a certified rehabilitation organization for youth with addiction; furthermore the residential facility is registered and certified by the Kenyan Government as a residential rehabilitation facility.